Sundial Services first opened its doors in Scottsdale, Arizona in January of 1992. We selected as our trademark the oldest means of telling time known to man. We selected as our promise: "your computer can do what you want.™"
Ever since that time, we've helped our clients in a number of ways:
- Triage: "The fire is burning out of control. Put it out."
- Project Design: Taking your situation, ideas and business needs, and providing a strategy and projected budget.
- Project Management: The day-to-day process of leading your team in the execution of a project design.
- Quality Assurance: "Attacking" your system to flush-out problems before anyone else can find them.
- Best Practices: Passing on our lessons-learned.
Addressing the Challenge of "Existing Software"
Most of our engagements over the years have been concerned with existing software. It's already out there, earning its keep, but now it must be changed in one way or another. With our decades of industry experience – now encompassing almost every hardware platform and every programming language or software tool that has ever been used – we can provide thorough yet objectively-neutral assessments and advice.
We Sell Our Expertise:
A distinctive feature of our professional practice is that we don't necessarily engage to carry out the solutions that we recommend. We are not a "job shop" or a "contract employment agency." (If you have at least twenty years' professional experience, send us your business card – not your resume.) Our purpose is to help you to fully-understand your situation and to leverage the resources already available to you in achieving the best possible resolution. Nothing more or less. Our expertise is our first product.
(Yes, of course we have considerable "programming firepower" ourselves, and of course we know where to find more.)
As consultants, we strive to think differently. We'll tell you plainly what every company in the local coffee shop won't. These thoughts aren't based upon trends or truisms, but upon decades of experience and objective facts.
- We have unconventional thoughts about marketing, "SEO (sic)," and today's reckless data-gathering – all of which we suppose just won't sit too well with "the coffee-shop set" ... (oh, well)
- We have ideas of what your web site should, and should not, be.
- We have definite thoughts about the software development process.
- We've even put together a concise description of what "The Cloud" actually is.
- How to make "Remote" work for you – and how not to.
- Haxe and cross-platform mobile application development.
Yes, we're full of ideas. But first, we listen very carefully ... to you. We enter into each engagement with no preconceived notion of what the best solution to your problem might be, and we give you the best advisement that we possibly can, based on your inputs, our discoveries, and our expertise as well as that of others whose counsel we may seek. We abide rigorously by the principles of confidentiality and neutrality.
Since 1992, we've been helping clients all over the world.
How might we help you today? Contact us.